Conferencing and Media Management
Penn State has adopted Zoom and Kaltura to work together to provide the University with an optimal conferencing and media-management service. Zoom and Kaltura are replacing Adobe Connect and will enhance Penn State’s live-streaming and media management capabilities.
Read more about the Conferencing and Media Management program and the retirement of Adobe Connect.
- Join, host, and record meetings with quality video and audio
- Screen share documents, photos, and videos
- Share iPhone and iPad screens with iOS mirror
- Connect with Instant Messaging, Presence, and more
- Integrates with Kaltura
- Easily store, publish, and stream videos, video collections, and other files
- Stream content any place and device
- Seamlessly integrate media in Canvas and Zoom
- Produce 360-degree videos for class, work, research, and more
The program began with the selection and adoption of Zoom, the enterprise, cloud-based, video conferencing service, in July 2017. Zoom provided Penn State with a multifaceted video and audio conferencing system that can connect multiple people in one meeting without the need for dedicated video conferencing hardware.
During the spring 2018, Kaltura was piloted by students, faculty and staff across the University and successfully met the University’s needs in more than 150 different areas. Based on the pilot results and feedback from pilot participants, the Conferencing and Media Management Project Team recommended the University begin using Kaltura as an enterprise service.
Adobe Connect Retirement
In 2016, Penn State IT determined that Adobe Connect, a web conferencing solution, was not meeting the University’s live-streaming and media management needs. As a result, over the 2018-19 year, Kaltura will become available for University-wide use as Adobe Connect is phased out and retired. Penn State IT is working with Kaltura to move existing content from Adobe Connect to Kaltura while providing training and support resources to users who will begin to use Zoom and Kaltura for streaming needs. Visit the Adobe Connect page for more information on the retirement.